Parsnip Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1‚ĀĄ2 cups Yukon gold or yellow fin¬†potatoes, peeled and cut into¬†chunks
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into¬†chunks
- 11‚ĀĄ2 cups heavy cream or milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
These are sweeter and more interesting in flavor than plain¬†mashed potatoes. Use milk instead of cream if you want a¬†lighter version. You can also use olive oil instead of butter for a¬†slightly different flavor.
- ¬†In two separate saucepans, boil the potatoes and the parsnips¬†until each is fork-tender. Drain and put both together in a mixing¬†bowl with a whip attachment. Set aside.
- ¬†In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and the butter¬†over low heat. When the butter is melted, turn on the mixer and¬†whip the potatoes and parsnips on low speed. Add the¬†cream‚Äďbuttter mixture a little at a time to the potato‚Äďparsnip¬†mixture until all is added and you have a thick, creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.