- 6 eggs
- Âľ cup sugar
- Â˝ cup vegetable oil
- Â˝ pound sliced blanched almonds
- Dash of salt
- 1Â˝ teaspoons baking powder
- Â˝ teaspoon anise seed
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Another favorite that weâ€™ve discovered many ItalianÂ families enjoy.These little pastries dusted in sugar melt in your mouth.
- Separate the eggs. In a large bowl, beat the yolks. KeepÂ the whites to the side; take about a tablespoonful outÂ and place it in a separate bowl.
- Combine the beaten yolks with the sugar, oil, almonds,Â salt, baking powder, anise seed, and anise extract. AddÂ the egg whites and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the mixture into 4 long (27-inch) rolls. Add flourÂ as necessary to bind the rolls and hold their shape. PlaceÂ them on a cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20Â minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and brush the rollsÂ with the reserved egg white. Cut the rolls into 3-inchÂ strips.