Pizza with Four Cheeses and Basil
- Pizza Dough
- Olive oil as needed
- ½ cup shredded or cubed mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded or cubed Fontina or Taleggio cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup coarsely chopped or torn basil
You will surely love this Pizza with Four Cheeses and Basil recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Oil one or more baking sheets, then press each dough ball into a flat round directly on the oiled sheet(s). Pat out the dough, as thinly as you like, oiling your hands if necessary. If your oven is equipped with a baking stone, roll or pat out the dough as for grilled pizza, above.
- Top with the cheeses and slide the baking sheet into the oven (or the pizza itself onto the stone), and bake for about 10 minutes, or until nearly done. Sprinkle with the basil and finish baking, a few more minutes.