- 3 tablespoons sesame or coconut oil (coconut oil will give the dish coconut flavor)
- 1 white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ¬ĺ pound meat,¬† raw or¬† already¬† cooked,¬† cut¬† into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1¬† small¬† head¬† of¬† cauliflower,¬† grated¬† in¬† a¬† food processor
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
Fried¬† cauliflower¬† rice¬† is¬† the¬† perfect¬† dish¬† when¬† you¬† have leftover meat¬† in¬† the¬† fridge,¬† either¬† raw¬† or¬† already¬† cooked.
- Heat¬† a¬† wok¬† or¬† skillet¬† over¬† high¬† heat¬† and¬† add¬† 1 tablespoon¬† of¬† oil. Add¬† onion¬† and¬† saut√©¬† until¬† it¬† starts¬† to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add¬† the meat¬† and¬† 1¬† tablespoon¬† of¬† tamari. Saut√©¬† 2-3 minutes (or longer if raw meat needs more time) then add the remaining oil,¬† the garlic and¬† the cauliflower. Saut√© 2-3 minutes.
- Add¬† the eggs and¬† remaining¬† tamari. Stir constantly as the¬† egg¬† cooks,¬† then¬† add¬† peas¬† and¬† chopped¬† scallions. Cook just a minute or two more.