- 1 cup confectioners sugar,
- 1 cup white sugar,
- 1 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon,
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened,
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree,
- 3 eggs, beaten,
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour,
- 8 ounces cream cheese.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter or grease one 15x10 inch cookie sheet.In a mixing bowl, blend together the eggs, sugar and pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking powder. Add to pumpkin mixture and blend until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terry cloth). Roll up the cake by rolling a towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool.
- Prepare the frosting by blending together the butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and vanilla.
- When cake is completely cooled, unroll and spread with cream cheese filling and roll up again without towel. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle top with confectioners sugar and slice into 8-10 servings.