- 2 cups Wild Mushroom Risotto with Peas, cold
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Another fantastic use for leftover risotto, and a great afternoon snack.
- In a Medium Bowl, stir the risotto and ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese to blend. In a heavy, large skillet, melt the butter and oil over medium-low heat. Add the risotto to the skillet and press into a 7-inch-diameter disc.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese over the risotto cake.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then uncover and continue to cook until the risotto cake is golden brown on the bottom and set around the edges, about 5 minutes longer. Using a large metal spatula, loosen the risotto cake from the pan and slide it onto a plate.
- Cut the risotto cake into wedges and serve.