ROASTED BABY POTATOES with Herbs and Garlic
- ¬ľ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence or dried Italian¬†seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes or small white or redskinned¬†potatoes
- ¬Ĺ pound small red-skinned potatoes (about 1¬ĺ-inch¬†diameter)
- ¬Ĺ pound small white-skinned potatoes (about 1¬ĺ-¬†inch diameter)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more¬†to taste
I like to mix different types of potatoes for this, my alltime¬†favorite roasted-potato recipe. The only extra time¬†it takes is at the market, for the cashier to price a¬†different item. Use whichever varieties you find or¬†prefer, and serve this as a side to nearly any meat or fish¬†dish.
- Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl,¬†whisk the oil, herbes de Provence, and garlic to blend.
- Add all of the potatoes and 1 teaspoon each of salt and¬†pepper, and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer¬†the potatoes to a large, heavy baking sheet, spacing¬†evenly. Set the bowl aside (do not clean the bowl).
- Roast the potatoes until they are tender and golden,¬†turning them occasionally, about 1 hour. Transfer the¬†roasted potatoes to the reserved bowl and toss to coat¬†with any herb oil remaining in the bowl. Season the¬†potatoes with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to¬†a large bowl and serve.