- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ cup roasted red bell peppers, drained well and chopped
- Pinch of cayenne, to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 ounces beef tenderloin cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 2 cups mesclun or baby greens
The intense flavors of rosemary and red pepper are just right with the earthy flavor of steak. Served over a bed of mesclun, this one dish makes a complete meal.
- In the bowl of a food processor with the blade removed, melt the butter in the microwave on high (100 percent power) for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave, replace the metal blade in the food processor bowl and add the lime juice, rosemary, roasted red pepper, cayenne, and salt. Pulse the mixture until thoroughly mixed. Taste and adjust the seasoning and set aside.
- Heat a large dry skillet. Film with the oil, add the beef medallions, and sauté until golden, for 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Spoon the sauce onto two plates, arrange the meat in the pools of sauce, and add a pile of mesclun salad to the side. Serve at once.