I cannot scramble just one egg. It is too small of an amount and too easy to overcook, so I recommend scrambling at least two eggs per person
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter; or chicken, duck, or bacon fat; or olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
You can cook the eggs in butter, olive oil, or chicken, duck, or bacon fat. All are great and each transforms the flavor of the eggs in a unique way.So let's start:
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk in the cream.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter, fat, or oil. Add the eggs and decrease the heat to low.
- After about 1 minute, with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, pull the eggs from the outside toward the inside where they are cooking fastest. Cook for another 15 seconds and repeat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Flip the mixture around for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately. They will continue to cook even after you have removed them from the pan.