Seafood in White Wine Pasta Sauce
This is a luxurious seafood-loverâ€™s pasta sauce â€“ and one of my own favourites.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 2â€“3 shallots, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g fresh mussels, shelled
- 100g prawns, shelled
- 125ml dry white wine
- Fresh or dried pasta of your choice: allow 125â€“150g per person of fresh, or 100â€“120g per person of dried
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 250ml crÃ¨me fraÃ®che, or 125ml plus
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or saucepan and fry the shallots until soft. Add the garlic and seafood.
- Add the wine and simmer for 2â€“3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta either according to the packet directions, or following the cooking instructions on page 74 if using homemade.
- Season to taste and add the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and parsley. Remove from the heat while stirring the sauce.
- Serve immediately with the cooked pasta.