6 (¬ľ-inch-thick) slices rosemary or olive bread,¬†quartered Juice of 1 lemon 1 small green apple, such as Granny Smith, halved,¬†cored, and very thinly sliced 6 ounces Nova Scotia smoked salmon 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained Olive oil, for drizzling Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat¬†the oven to 400¬įF.
- Arrange the bread on a baking sheet in a single layer.¬†Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly brown and crisp.
- Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- To prevent the apples from browning, in a small bowl,¬†combine 2 cups water with the lemon juice. Add the¬†apple slices and soak until ready to use. Drain and blot¬†with paper towels just before using.
- Arrange the smoked salmon in a single layer on a serving¬†platter. Lay the apple slices on top. Sprinkle the capers¬†over the salmon and apple slices. Drizzle with olive oil¬†and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the toasted¬†bread.