Spaghettini with Shrimp and Chile
- 1Â˝ cups frozen cooked peeledÂ shrimp, defrosted
- 8 ozÂ spaghettini
- ÂĽ cup finely slicedÂ scallions
- Â˝ teaspoon crushed chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused oil
- 1 cupÂ sunblush tomatoesÂ in seasoned oil
- Â˝ cupÂ white wineÂ or Noilly Prat
- 1Â˝ cupsÂ arugula
- ÂĽ cup chopped flat-leafÂ parsley
Drain the shrimp and leave to one side for the moment.Â Put on copious amounts of water to boil, then when boiling add salt and then the pasta and cook according to package instructions, or slightly under.
- In a large pan (big enough to take the pasta later), fry the finely sliced scallions and chile flakes in the garlic oil for a couple of minutes, then tip in the tomatoes with their oil and the shrimp.
- When both have warmed through, add the white wine or Noilly Prat and let bubble up. Add the arugula, torn roughly, and stir till wilted a little.
- Strain the pasta when ready, reserving half a cup or so of pasta-cooking water, and toss the drained pasta in the chile-shrimp pan.
- Turn out into a large warmed serving bowl and toss everything again so that all is combined, adding a little of the cooking water if it needs it and adding more oil or garlic oil if you want.
- Sprinkle with the chopped flat-leaf parsley, and serve.