- 4-5 pork chops
- 1 packet of Goya Sazon with Achiote
- 3 spoonsful of Goya Adobo
- 2 spoons of sofrito (store brought or homemade)
- A little bit of black pepper
- This is for a small batch, to make the batch bigger just add 1 extra of each ingredient.
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 3 large white onions
- 1 garlic clove or 3 spoons of crushed garlic
- 1 leaf of reacao
- 2 leaves of culantro or cilantro
- 3 ajices peppers (optional)
- Place pork chops with seasonings in seasoning bag ( I use a plastic storage bag)
- Add enough water to allow the seasonings to mix. Close bag and shake everything up.
- You can let it sit in this marinade for a while or just put the chops straight to cook.
- You can fry, grill, bake or broil them - either way is good.
- Cut up all of the ingredients into chunk sizes.
- Place into a blender or food processor.
- Mix ingredients until all are blended together (The consistency should be a little liquidy, but chopped into small pieces.)
- Pour ingredients into a pot. Add olive oil (about 4 spoons), 1 packet of Sazon & 1 packet of Sazon con Achiote.
- Cook mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Place cooked sofrito into a jar, container or ice tray, if using an ice tray it can go straight to the freezer. Enjoy!