- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¬Ĺ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¬Ĺ teaspoon salt
- 2 1-inch thick pork chops
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
Ancho¬† chile¬† powder¬† mixed¬† with¬† cinnamon¬† and¬† cumin creates¬† a¬† subtly¬† sweet¬† and¬† smoky¬† flavor¬† combination.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Melt¬† the butter and mix¬† in spices and salt. Drizzle half the butter mixture over the carrots, tossing the carrots with your¬† hands¬† to¬† make¬† sure¬† they¬† are¬† thoroughly¬† covered. Brush¬† the¬† remaining¬† butter¬† over¬† both¬† sides¬† of¬† the¬† pork chops.
- Char pork chops and carrots¬† for¬† five minutes on each side, then move them away from direct heat (with charcoal) or turn the heat to medium (gas grill) and cover the grill for an additional three minutes. The carrots are probably fairly tender at this point and can be removed from the grill. The pork may need a few minutes more.
- Sprinkle pork and carrots with sea salt to finish.