Everyone loves Chicken fried rice! This is a spicy basil version that is truly wonderful. It has a light spice and can easily be spiced up by using the optional ingredients (ground hot chillis). You may make it as spicy as you can handle. The red and green peppers compliment the spicy flavor while the basil and cucumber give it a refreshing taste. Squeezing a lime on top is a
great tip as well.
- 14 oz boneless chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces;
- 1⁄2 sliced red pepper;
- 1⁄2 sliced green pepper;
- 15 fresh basil leaves;
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onions;
- 4 sliced pieces of cucumber;
- 2 eggs (may use eggbeater substitute);
- 1 tablespoon of Chili Paste with Soya Bean Oil 2 lime wedges;
- 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice;
- 2 oz of oil;
- 2 oz CurrySimple Thai Stir-Fry Sauce.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Add oil and start cooking the eggs in the pan.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until about 70% cooked.
- Add red peppers, green peppers, basil leaves, onions and continue to stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Stir ingredients together then add the cooked rice and top with the CurrySimple Thai Stir-Fry Sauce. Mix together in the pan with a spoon and add the chilli paste with soya bean oil. (Optional) spice it up with a few dehydrated chillis or a dash of the ground hot chillis.
- Serve on a plate with a lime and the cucumber slices as a garnish.
Ready in 10 minutes – 2 servings