For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared chili sauce
- ¬ĺ pound cooked shrimp
- ¬ľ cup chopped mint
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- Bibb lettuce leaves
The cooked shrimp add great color and texture to this¬†salad, but it's equally tasty if you substitute cooked mussels¬†or scallops. Why not try combining all of them?
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients.¬†Stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients¬†except the lettuce. Pour the dressing over and toss to¬†coat.
- To serve, place the lettuce leaves on individual¬†plates. Mound a portion of the shrimp salad on top of¬†the leaves. Serve immediately.