The Spicy Sweet Blast recipe is an idea we got from Warren Rojas of Northern Virginia Magazine in the article "CurrySimple = Flashy Thai in a Snap". It is a combination of the spicy Green Curry sauce and sweeter Massaman Curry sauce. This is not a common recipe found in restaurants so the only place to try it is in your kitchen. The recipe calls for a bunch of fresh veggies such as mushrooms, asparagus, red peppers, zucchini and fresh basil leaves. The combination of flavors will keep your taste buds guessing and your stomach wanting more and more.
- 16 oz boneless chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces;
- 1⁄2 cup CurrySimple Green Curry Sauce;
- 1⁄2 cup CurrySimple Massaman Curry Sauce;
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini;
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms;
- 10 stalks of asparagus tips;
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red peppers;
- 15 basil leaves.
- Heat pan to medium/high heat.
- Add sliced chicken breast and begin to cook - 2 min.
- When the chicken is about 70% cooked, add the veggies.
- Let the veggies cook for 1 min to be crisp or 2 to be a little soft.
- Add the Green Curry Sauce and Massaman Curry Sauce to the veggies and chicken.
- Turn down the heat and let the sauce cook with the chicken and veggies for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine or brown rice.
Ready in 15 minutes – Serves 2