- 4 artichokes
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Wash and trim artichokes; turn upside down on paper towel to drain.
- Mix bread crumbs, garlic and cheese together.
- Separate leaves just enough to fill with mixture. Salt and pepper artichokes; spoon mixture between leaves.
- Drizzle olive oil generously over the stuffing.
- Place in a heavy pot, standing upright, with a small amount of water.
- Cover and steam until leaves pull off easily, about 45 minutes.