Stuffed California Tomatoes Mediterranean
- 8 large California tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 21/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint¬†or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup raisins, soaked in¬†boiling water for 20 minutes¬†and drained
- Cut slice from stem ends of¬†tomatoes. Scoop out center with¬†spoon; reserve. Remove seeds and turn tomatoes cut side down¬†on paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, seed and chop reserved¬†centers. Combine with next 6 ingredients. Stir in oil, rice and¬†raisins. Stuff tomatoes with rice mixture.