- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1‚ĀĄ2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed mesclun greens or¬†spring mix
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
I created this recipe to serve at a spring dinner party.¬†Sugar snap peas are plentiful here in the spring.
- ¬†Melt the butter over medium- high heat in a large saucepan.¬†Add the pine nuts and shallot. Cook, stirring frequently,¬†until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the peas and wine.¬†Season with salt and pepper. Heat until just simmering.¬†Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the greens and simmer, uncovered, until the¬†greens just wilt. Stir in the green onions and basil. Remove¬†from the heat and serve immediately.