Sunset Salad with Vinaigrette
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 radicchio lettuce heart
- 2 Sunset beefsteak tomatoes, cut into sections*
- 1 Sunset seedless cucumber, chopped*
- 1 each Sunset red, yellow and orange bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced*
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- First you have to tear romaine and radicchio into bite-sized pieces and place in a salad bowl. Top with tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers and red onion.
- In a bowl, whisk together the shallots, vinegar, olive oil, honey, dill and black pepper and salt to taste. Add dressing to salad and toss.
- *Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.