Thai tea cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature;
- 1 8-ounce package Phili cream cheese;
- 1⁄4 cup + 2 tablespoons CurrySimple Thai Tea syrup;
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted.
- Bring cheese and butter to room temperature by letting it sit out for 1 or 2 hours.
- Sift powdered sugar into a bowl or onto parchment.
- Beat butter and cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- Add half of the sugar and 1/4 cup of Thai tea syrup. Beat until combined.
- Gradually add remaining sugar (more if you have to) until you get to the consistency and sweetness you like. Add more syrup to get to the flavor you want. I added 2 more tablespoons.
- Using a small pairing knife, cut off the top of the cupcake in the shape of a cone. Flip the top over and cut off the cone.
- Fill the cavity with a teaspoon of cream filling.
- Replace the top of the cone.
- Frost then sprinkle with crushed Thai tea leaves.