- ¬Ĺ pound squid rings, poached in salted water for 30¬†seconds
- ¬Ĺ pound salad shrimp
- 1 (6-ounce) can chopped clams, drained
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded, and very¬†thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer leaves removed, inner core¬†minced
- 1 small serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ¬ľ cup fish sauce
- Sugar to taste
- Bibb lettuce leaves
The different textures and flavors of the seafood in this¬†recipe complement one another well. Still, don't hesitate to¬†try other crustaceans in this recipe, such as bay scallops or¬†lobster.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the squid,¬†shrimp, clams, cucumber, and celery; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the onion,¬†lemongrass, serrano chili, mint, garlic, green onion,¬†and fish sauce. Add sugar to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the seafood mixture, tossing¬†to coat. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes¬†before serving.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves in the center of 4 to 6¬†plates. Mound the seafood salad on top of the lettuce¬†leaves.