The name says it all. Three tempting layers of a tender sour cream batter cushion two layers of a brown sugar, pecan, and cinnamon filling.
11â„2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 3â„4 teaspoon salt 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour 3â„4 cup chopped pecans 1â„3 cup packed brown sugar 11â„4 teaspoons ground cinnamon 11â„2 cups granulated sugar 3â„4 cup butter or margarine (11â„2 sticks), softened 21â„2 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 large eggs 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream 1 cup confectionersâ€™ sugar 4 to 6 teaspoons milk Makes 16 servings Prep: 30 minutes Bake: 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease 12-cup Bundt pan; dust with flour.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, stir baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 3 cups flour. In small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and remaining 1 tablespoon flour.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat granulated sugar, butter, and 2 teaspoons vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Alternately beat in flour mixture and sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Evenly spread 2 cups batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Top with 2 cups batter. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture, then top with remaining batter. Bake cake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. With small metal spatula, loosen cake from pan; invert onto rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze: In small bowl, stir confectionersâ€™ sugar, milk, and remaining 1â„2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake.