- ¬ľ cup olive oil
- 1¬ľ cups mixed olives, pitted and halved
- 1¬Ĺ teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes, plus¬†more to taste
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
- ¬Ĺ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
A great way to add just a little something extra to my¬†basic marinara sauce.
- In a Large Saut√© Pan, heat the oil over a medium-high¬†flame. When almost smoking, add the olives and 1¬Ĺ¬†teaspoons of red pepper flakes, and saut√© for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, carefully pour in the marinara¬†sauce, and simmer until the flavors blend, about 10¬†minutes. Stir in the basil, and season the sauce with more¬†pepper flakes to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day¬†ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over¬†medium heat before using.)