- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about ¬Ĺ¬†lemon)
- ¬Ĺ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¬ľ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more¬†to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¬ľ pounds assorted tomatoes (such as regular vineripened¬†tomatoes, plum tomatoes, cherry tomatoes,¬†grape tomatoes, and yellow teardrop tomatoes)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
The people of Capri have coopted the¬†classic tricolore combination of tomato, mozzarella, and¬†basil and called it their own: if these three ingredients¬†define a salad, it‚Äôs called Caprese. Lucky for them.
- Whisk The Lemon Juice, ¬Ĺ teaspoon salt, and ¬ľ¬†teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in¬†the oil to blend. Set the dressing aside.
- Cut the regular tomatoes into ¬ľ-inch-thick slices, and the¬†plum tomatoes into wedges. Cut the cherry, grape, and¬†teardrop tomatoes in half. Arrange the tomatoes and¬†cheese on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over. Sprinkle¬†with the basil and additional salt and pepper to taste,¬†and serve.