- 10 ounces veal cutlets, pounded to ¬ľinch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¬Ĺ small tomato, cut in small dice
- ¬ľ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¬ĺ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¬ľ cup heavy cream
- ¬Ĺ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper to taste
The distinct flavor of balsamic vinegar against the¬†sweetness of raspberries brings new zest to mild-flavored¬†veal cutlets.
- Toss the veal cutlets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over¬†medium-high heat. Add the veal cutlets and brown on¬†each side, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the¬†heat and hold on a warm plate.
- Add the garlic and saut√©¬†until golden, about 30 seconds. Add tomato, vinegar,¬†broth, and cream and boil until reduced by half, 3 to 5¬†minutes.
- Return the cutlets to the pan with any juices¬†that have accumulated on the plate and cook for 3 more¬†minutes. Add the raspberries and cook for 1 more¬†minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at¬†once.