- 2 (6-ounce) cans dark meat tuna, packed in olive oil
- Â˝ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- Â˝ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus moreÂ to taste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained andÂ rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Throw these pantry ingredients together and youâ€™ve got aÂ terrific salad. You could add other ingredients to jazz itÂ up, like Â˝ cup capers, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, and someÂ fresh basil leaves, and you could even serve it over 2Â cups fresh arugula.
- In a Large Bowl, add the tuna with its olive oil and Â˝Â teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Using a fork, break upÂ the tuna into bite-size pieces, then gently toss in theÂ beans and onions. Drizzle with the red wine vinegar andÂ season with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer theÂ salad to plates and serve.