- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1⅔ cups warm water (105°to 115°F)
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cups thinly sliced onions, separated into rings
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- ¾ cup (4 to 5 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
You will surely love this White Bean Hummus and Wisconsin Asiago Pizza recipe.
- For the pizza dough, dissolve the sugar and yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in the flours, salt, and oil to form a soft, wet dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes).
- Add enough of the remaining flour, one tablespoon at a time, to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat the top. Cover the dough, and let it rise in a warm place (85°F), free from drafts, for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch the dough down, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions; roll each portion of dough into a 7-inch circle. Place the pizza crusts on preheated pizza stones or large baking sheets coated with cooking spray. T op and bake according to the recipe directions.
- For the hummus, place all of the ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth.
- For the toppings and assembly, preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions; cover and cook 10 minutes or until deep golden, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Top each prepared crust with ½ cup of the onions. Sprinkle with the Asiago and feta cheeses. Bake for 8minutes or until the crusts are crisp. While the pizza is cooking, combine the arugula and the vinegar in a medium bowl. Remove the pizza from the oven; drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of the hummus. Top each pizza with the arugula mixture and the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.