Wholewheat spaghetti and avocado sauce
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and¬†chopped
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 25g/1oz blanched almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- small pack basil
- 300g/11oz wholewheat spaghetti
- 25g/1oz Parmesan (or vegetarian¬†alternative), finely grated, to serve¬†(optional)
- Put the avocados, lemon zest and juice,¬†almonds, garlic and half the basil in a food¬†processor. Blend until smooth, then set¬†aside in the fridge.
- Cook the spaghetti following pack¬†instructions. Drain and toss in the creamy¬†avocado sauce. Top with the remaining¬†basil leaves and grated cheese (if using)¬†before serving.