- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced Vidalia onion
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 bunches dandelion greens, stemmed (about 7 ounces)
- 1/3 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
For this simple recipe you must heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden and has caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add vinegar; cook until vinegar is warm, about 1 minute.
- Add dandelion greens, and toss to combine. Cook until greens have just wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.