Wilted Swiss Chard
- 1 bunch fresh Swiss chard (red, white,¬†or rainbow)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
This ¬†versatile and high-nutrition wilted chard makes the perfect¬†bitter contrast to rich meats such as lamb and beef. You can¬†substitute other greens, too‚ÄĒcollards, beet greens, kale,¬†spinach, or whatever looks good.
- Tear the Swiss chard leaves from the ribs and wash them well¬†(they tend to be sandy). Pat them dry with paper towels.
- ¬†Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.¬†Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes, but do not let it brown.
- Add the red pepper flakes and chard. Season with salt and¬†pepper, then add the butter. Let the chard wilt, turning it while¬†it cooks, 4‚Äď5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve