Zesty Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 2 (28 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 oz. fresh basil (about 6 leaves) or more, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil for later
- 1 pound of pasta or brown rice
- Begin cooking pasta or use pre-cooked brown rice.
- SautÃ© garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil until lightly brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except the 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Poor over pasta or rice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and stir.
- Serve warm.