- Â˝ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 cups chopped chayote squash
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasonings
- 1 cup chopped collards
- Â˝ cup frozen peas
- Â˝ cup veggie broth
- Small can tomato sauce
- Soy sauce or tamari
In the Caribbean they call it â€śrundownâ€ť because they throw whatever they can find into this tasty stew seasoned with jerk spices.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium skillet. Stir in the thyme, oregano, carrot, asparagus, chayote, jerk seasonings, and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the collards, peas, and veggie broth and stir well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomato sauce, cover, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add soy sauce or tamari to taste and simmer for another few minutes.