- 2 1/2 pounds (about 3 very large) Basin Gold* russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup milk or half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place milk, butter and salt in a saucepan. Bring just to a simmer over low heat do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in salsa and corn.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain well, then return them to the pot. Shake the pot over low heat for about 30 seconds to dry them out.
- Remove potatoes from heat and add the hot milk mixture. Mash the potatoes until they are fluffy. Fold in cheese. Sprinkle with green onions.
- * Brands may vary by region; substitute a similar product.