- 11/3 cups couscous
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- Â˝ teaspoon ground cumin
- Â˝ teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch of paprika
- 7 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, skin removed andÂ chopped
- 8 ounces blanched and skinned fava beans (aboutÂ 11/3 cups)
- large handful of fresh mint, leaves chopped
This makes a fantastic accompaniment to the red mulletÂ with anchovy sauce.
- Place the couscous and a generous seasoning of salt andÂ pepper in a large heatproof bowl. Stir to mix, then pour 1ÂĽÂ cups boiling water evenly over the couscous. Cover theÂ cups boiling water evenly over the couscous. Cover theÂ bowl with plastic wrap and let stand for 10â€“15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the shallots and spices.Â Cook, stirring frequently, until the shallots are soft, 6â€“8Â minutes. Add the chorizo and fry until cooked, 3â€“4 minutes.Â Stir in the fava beans and cook until they are warmedÂ through, 1â€“2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Uncover the couscous and fork to fluff up the grains. AddÂ the contents of the frying pan to the couscous and mix well.Â Taste and adjust the seasoning. Finally, stir through theÂ chopped mint. Serve warm.