For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, inner core finely chopped
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 5 teaspoons lime juice
- 1‚Äď5 red chili peppers, seeded and chopped (the more¬†you use, the spicier it'll be!)
- 1 pound calamari, cleaned
- 15‚Äď20 mint leaves, chopped
- 6‚Äď8 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Baby greens (optional)
This recipe features calamari grilled¬†with a light vinaigrette.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl;¬†set aside.
- Prepare a grill or broiler. Place the calamari on a¬†broiler pan or in a grill basket and cook over high¬†heat until tender, about 3 minutes per side. Let cool to¬†room temperature.
- Place the grilled calamari in a mixing bowl. Stir the¬†dressing and pour it over the calamari.
- If serving immediately, add the mint, cilantro, and¬†green onions. Alternatively, allow the calamari to¬†marinate for up to 1 hour before serving, and then¬†add the additional ingredients.
- To serve: Use individual cups or bowls to help¬†capture some of the wonderful dressing. Alternatively,¬†mound the calamari mixture over a bed of baby¬†greens and spoon additional dressing over the top.