- 4 ounces ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (2-3 stalks)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together ham, Gruyere cheese, blue cheese, celery and pepper.
- To prepare pastry, unfold puff pastry onto a 20-inch long sheet of wax paper.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll pastry into a 15 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Spread filling lengthwise in a 5-inch strip down center of pastry sheet to within 2 inches of edges.
- Fold pastry over filling to enclose, folding in short sides first.
- Place strudel, seam-side down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Remove wax paper. Brush strudel with melted butter.
- Bake strudel until light golden, 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 minutes more.
- Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Makes 6 servings