- 3 cups cooked lentils (about 1 pound after cooking)
- One 16-ounce bag of frozen carrots, defrosted and drained (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 cups uncooked oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, optional
You won't find soy or breadcrumbs in this loaf, just whole-food goodness.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put the lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, parsley, 1 cup of the walnuts, and 1 cup of the oats in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Pulse until combined, then continue to process until almost pastelike. (Depending on the size of your food processor you may have to do this in several batches.) Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
- Chop the remaining 1 cup walnuts and add it to the lentil mixture along with the remaining 1 cup oats, the tomato powder, and the poultry seasoning. Stir to mix well.
- Scrape the mixture into a silicone standard loaf pan and bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving dish. Decorate with whole walnuts, if desired. Let cool another 5 minutes and then slice.