- 8 oz/4 cups finely sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1½ teaspoons table salt
- small clove garlic, minced
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, stripped to give 1 teaspoon leaves
- 1lb linguine
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped to give ½ cup
- 2–3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- freshly ground pepper
Slice the mushrooms finely, and put them into a large bowl with the oil, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest, and gorgeously scented thyme leaves.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions and drain loosely, retaining some water. Quickly put the pasta into the bowl with the mushroom mixture.
- Toss everything together well, and then add the parsley, cheese, and pepper before tossing again, and eat with joy in your heart.