- 1 medium papaya, peeled and julienned, or cut into smallÂ pieces
- Â˝â€“1 teaspoon salt
- 3 jalapeĂ±o peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4â€“6 cloves of garlic, chopped coarsely
- Â˝ cup long beans (green beans), cut into 1â€“inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons Tamarind Concentrate
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Sticky rice, cooked according to package directions
This recipe calls for salting the papaya in order to extractÂ some of its liquid. This is the same method used to prepareÂ eggplant slices for the grill or for use in an EggplantÂ Parmesan.
- Place the papaya on a sheet pan and sprinkle it withÂ salt. Let the papaya stand for 30 minutes. Pour offÂ any juice and then squeeze the fruit with your hands toÂ extract as much fluid as possible. Place the pulp ofÂ the papaya in a large food processor.
- Add the chilies and pulse briefly to combine. Add theÂ remaining ingredients except the tomato and pulseÂ again until mixed.
- Transfer the papaya mixture to a serving bowl andÂ garnish with tomato slices. Serve with sticky rice.