- 8 ounces penne or other short macaroni-style pasta
- 1/2 cup prepared vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/ cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 large fresh Hass avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Cook pasta in salted boiling water until just tender, about 10 minutes; drain well. Place warm pasta in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette; let cool.
- Fold in bell pepper, feta, onion, olives, parsley and garlic. Chill.
- Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
- Cut avocados into chunks; gently toss with lemon juice. Fold avocado into salad.