- 8 eggs
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
In a large bowl, combine eggs and salt. Beat well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time until dough sticks together but is still soft.
- Spread flour on a board, knead dough for 15−20 minutes.
- Cover and let stand in a warm place for about 1 hour. Knead for another 5 minutes. Flatten small amounts of dough to form a 2" x 2" square.
- Coat square in flour and repeatedly run through pasta machine until desired thickness is obtained, or use rolling pin. Cut paste shape using pasta machine or slice desired shape by hand.
- Lay out cut pasta on table covered with a table cloth until dry. Pack in plastic bags and store in a cool place. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until tender. Homemade pasta usually takes less time to cook.
- Top with your favorite sauce.