- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled but tail left on,¬†deveined
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1¬ľ cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1¬Ĺ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¬ľ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
The sight of a platter of jumbo shrimp at a party always¬†makes guests happy, but the usual shrimp cocktail is¬†served ice-cold and, in my opinion, is pretty flavorless. I¬†think shrimp taste so much better served warm‚ÄĒ¬†especially with this simple and colorful dipping sauce to¬†dunk them into.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and herbes de Provence. Season with salt¬†and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked¬†through, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the¬†heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise,¬†mustard, maple syrup, turmeric, and basil. Season with¬†salt and pepper.
- Arrange the shrimp on a serving platter with the bowl of¬†dip in the center.