- One 4-pound turkey breast
- ¬ľ cup all-purpose flour
- ¬Ĺ teaspoon salt
- ¬ľ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or scallions
- ¬ľ cup dry white wine
- ¬Ĺ cup skim milk
- 1‚ĀĄ3 cup chicken stock (optional)
- ¬ľ cup sesame seeds, toasted
Slice the turkey breast into 8 scallops.¬†¬†Pat the scallops dry and dust with the flour well¬†seasoned with the salt and pepper.
- ¬†Place between pieces of wax paper and pound¬†each scallop two or three times.
- ¬†Heat the butter and oil to sizzling in a large¬†skillet. Brown the scallops three or four at a¬†time to avoid crowding, turning each when¬†brown.
- ¬†Return all the scallops to the pan and cook for 5¬†minutes. Remove, set aside, and cover to keep¬†warm.
- In the same pan, cook the shallots until brown,¬†add the wine, and cook down quickly, scraping¬†up the braised bits.
- Add the milk and cook the mixture down to a¬†syrupy thickness, creating a sauce.
- Reduce the heat and return the scallops to the¬†pan with the sauce. (If the sauce is too thick,¬†thin with the chicken stock, adding a little at a¬†time to obtain the desired consistency.)
- ¬†Sprinkle the turkey with the toasted sesame¬†seeds and serve.