For the dressing:
- Â½ cup rice vinegar
- Â½ cup fish sauce
- Â¼ cup sesame oil
- Â¼ cup hot chili oil
- Â¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cups long-grained rice (preferably Jasmine)
- 4â€“6 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- Â¼â€“Â½ cup chopped mint
- Â¼â€“Â½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1/3cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Lime wedges
This salad is equally delicious with shredded chicken orÂ turkey instead of the shrimp.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients; setÂ aside.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.Â Fluff the rice, then transfer it to a large mixing bowl.Â Allow the rice to cool slightly.
- Pour approximately of the dressing over the riceÂ and fluff to coat. Continue to fluff the rice every soÂ often until it is completely cooled.
- Add the green onions, carrots, red pepper, serranoÂ chili pepper, mint, cilantro, and shrimp to the rice.Â Toss with the remaining dressing to taste.
- To serve, place on individual plates and garnish withÂ peanuts and lime wedges.