- Â˝ cup diced jarred roasted red bell peppers
- Â˝ cup diced pitted green olives
- Â˝ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano
- 2 scallions, white parts only, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Â˝ teaspoon salt
- ÂĽ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- ÂĽ cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
If you think stuffed mushrooms are bland, youâ€™ll findÂ these a welcome change of pace: the flavors are quiteÂ robust. These are equally good right out of the oven or atÂ room temperature, and they make a nice hors dâ€™oeuvreÂ option for non-meat-eaters.
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. Line a rimmed baking sheetÂ with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the roasted red bellÂ peppers, olives, cheese, scallions, olive oil, salt, andÂ pepper.
- On the baking sheet, arrange the mushrooms, gill sideÂ up. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities,Â mounding it slightly. Bake until the mushrooms areÂ tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter, sprinkleÂ with the chopped basil, and serve.