This pesto should be thick butÂ pourable. If it is too thick, add a little more olive oil.
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, dry or oilpacked
- (rehydrate dried tomatoesÂ in warm water for about 20Â minutes, drain, and then use)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1â2 tablespoon crushed red pepperÂ flakes
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oilÂ (slightly less if using oil-packedÂ tomatoes)
- 20 salt-cured olives, pitted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
This isnât technically a pesto, but you use it the same way. InsteadÂ of combining fresh basil with pine nuts, garlic, and oliveÂ oil (as in a regular pesto), this recipe uses sun-dried tomatoesÂ pureed with olives, garlic, and olive oil. You still get a lot of tasteÂ in every spoonful of this piquant sauce, so toss just a little withÂ a cup of hot cooked pasta, add a green salad, and youâve got aÂ fantastic and colorful light meal. You can also serve red pesto onÂ meat or fish to jazz them up.
- Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.