- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Â head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
The lettuce will be limp and have the texture of a cookedÂ vegetable. Garlic and bacon enhance the dressing's sweetÂ and sour flavor.
- Fry bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar, water, vinegar, garlic, and salt in a smallÂ saucepan and bring to a boil; remove from heat. PlaceÂ lettuce wedges into a serving bowl, and pour vinegarÂ dressing over all the pieces.
- Crumble bacon and distributeÂ evenly over wedges. Allow the salad to set 15 minutesÂ before serving.